Electric Shock Hazard

Dangerous Items “Hotbed” Warning

Dangerous Items “Hotbed” Warning Recently spotted this article. Although it is UK based, it’s relevent to Australia and a very timely reminder leading up to […]
Electrocution At The Harold

Dangers Of Multiple Extension Leads

Although story relates to an event in UK, it is a timely reminder about excessive use of extension leads and taking short cuts around electrical […]
burnt poweroutlet

What Is The ‘Outlet Challenge’?

A man electrocuted while working at the Holy Cow Cafe at Pyengana (TAS) may not have died if a safety switch had been installed, a coroner has found.
electrical safety work boot

Do rubber shoes protect you from electric shock?

Do rubber soled shoes and gloves provide protection from electric shock? Associate Professor Jayashri Ravishankar, from UNSW School of Electrical Engineering and Telecommunications, explains if […]
Targus Laptop Wall Charger Recalled

RECALL – Targus Australia Laptop Wall Charger

Targus Australia Pty Limited — APA95AU-50, 45W USB-C PD3.0 Laptop Wall Charger What are the defects? There is potential on some units for the faceplate […]
Electric Shock

Electrocuted NSW worker mourned by friends

A man electrocuted while carrying out work on a Sydney roof has been remembered as “one of a kind” by friends who are mourning the […]
Electric Shock

Teen tradesman electrocuted on Melbourne roof

Teen tradesman electrocuted on Melbourne roof. A teenage tradesman has been electrocuted while installing an air conditioner in Melbourne’s west. WorkSafe Victoria on Wednesday said […]
Electric Shock

Mother and daughter electrocuted on Queensland property

A family is still struggling to come to terms with the sudden loss of a mother and daughter after they were killed in a freak […]
Worksafe Inspector

‘Tis the season to keep it safe at work

‘Tis the season to keep it safe at work Don’t cut corners in the workplace and get home safely this silly season. That’s the message […]