A Russian poker star was killed when she accidentally electrocuted herself with a hair dryer while taking a bath.
Lilya Novikova — who was known as Lia on the online poker circuit — was found dead on Tuesday in the bathroom of her Moscow apartment where she lived with her parents, the BBC reported.
“During the initial examination, traces of an electrical injury were found on the victim’s body,” a source told the Russian state news agency TASS.
The 26-year-old’s body was reportedly found in the bathtub by an elderly neighbor.
“Relatives became agitated when the girl stopped responding to phone calls and asked her neighbor to check on her,” a law enforcement source told the Russian outlet.
Reports indicate the poker pro’s electrocution was a freak accident, according to the BBC.
Photos from her Instagram account showed the poker star posing outside just days before her death.